Paris here I come

Monday 4 May 2009

Losing slowly but still losing

Wow. It's been a slow WW journey since Easter. I've been so nonchalant about the whole WW thing since then. It doesn't surprise me because I've been at this point before. In the past when I've lost a significant amount of weight I've ended up putting it all back on because I've started eating rubbish again.

I've been doing really well for a year, and I've made it to some major milestones and then I've relaxed. I'm not surprised that I've let my hair down a bit this month - but it's not a good excuse. In fact if I'm not persistent I could put it all back on because old habits could come springing back. I've felt better about myself so I've rewarded myself by eating things I wouldn't normally have. Mmmmm, ye olde reward yourself with high calorie food...doesn't really make sense.

But, I'm not going to relax THAT much again. Last week I lost 1 kg, and this week I lost 200 gm. So the weight is coming down again and I'm going to be diligent in my tracking this week. I would have called myself the tracking queen...but I've let it slip the last few weeks which is very strange. I think it's because I've had the kids home for school holidays and they've been on the computer so much that I haven't managed to get on there myself.

But now we're back into routine of work, and school, and I finally went fruit and vegie shopping which makes a huge difference to staying on track.

So now I weigh 85kg and have lost a total of 35.2kg, and I'm off to enter my points into the tracker!



But major news:
I went running with Sarah on Saturday!
It's probably 350 m around our street (a double-ended cul-de-sac), so a nice circuit for cross-country training. Sarah's got her cross-country run tomorrow at school - not her thing, but everyone has to do it. But to encourage her to do SOME training, we went for a jog around our 400 m street. Running is not my forte (at all), so I managed to jog for 300m and walk, then jog, then walk etc...I was huffing and puffing for the 3 laps I did. I guess we've all got to start somewhere ;)

5 comments:

Kathiej said...

I am so glad you are back to blogging
Well done on encouraging Sarah but doing it with her.
Who knows maybe one day you will both be great runners

Mel. said...

Good on you for giving jogging/running ago and yes you do need to start somewhere...

Anonymous said...

Yay Heather! Well done on your loss and your running. *sigh* Can't wait till running doesn't involve two black eyes and a river of sweat. Keep it up, you're an inspiration.

Lee-Anne said...

Well done on your losses. It's still coming off and thats the main thing.

I'm not much of a jogger either I'm afraid. A friend of mine who is said she started by running the length of two street posts then walk two etc to build up your stamina. I think the couch to 5k is a bit like that too.

Well done on making a start.

Bek said...

Aaahh! Another runner in the making, it wouldn't be nearly as rewarding if it wasn't so hard!
Awesome work on your loss so far! Keep on keeping on and I hope to read some more about your running really soon!