Paris here I come

Wednesday 8 July 2009

A day of healthy cooking

There have been nasty bugs in our place this week. This is a family first - to have everyone sick at once! I've been bored silly. So yesterday I was feeling OK enough to cook. And I cooked healthy food.

I made roasted vegies with eggplant, spanish onion, pumpkin, cherry tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, a generous spray of olive oil, a sprinkle of cummin seeds, and seasoned with salt and pepper.


Then I made pumpkin soup. I put too much stock into the pot so had to add some potato to it which was good as the stock was quite salty. So actually it was pumpkin, potato and garlic soup. Yummy but potent! The whole pot came to 17 points.

Then I made diet jelly and stewed apples...

So being at home sick wasn't as detrimental to my eating plan as it could have been as it was all pretty low in points. But, now there are hardly any vegies left in the house. Oh no, what am I going to eat today?

There is a bit of soup left from yesterday....

...3 hours later...which I've eaten...

So now I've made some broccoli, potato and bacon soup. Very yummy too, and only 8 points for the whole pot. How good is that?


3 comments:

Katy said...

oohhh you've changed your layout! Nice!

Well done on all the fabuous cooking, sounds yummy!

Mel. said...

hope your all feeling better soon...

Hua said...

Hi Heather,

Yummm, that food looks delicious. I have never had pumpkin soup before, and yours looks amazing. How did you make it? I'm Hua, the director of Wellsphere's HealthBlogger Network, a network of over 2,000 of the best health writers on the web (including doctors, nurses, healthy living professionals, and expert patients). I think your blog would be a great addition to the Network, and I'd like to invite you to learn more about it and apply to join at http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger. Once approved by our Chief Medical Officer, your posts will be republished on Wellsphere where they will be available to over 5 million monthly visitors who come to the site looking for health information and support. There’s no cost and no extra work for you! The HealthBlogger page (http://www.wellsphere.com/health-blogger) provides details about participation, but if you have any questions please feel free to email me at hua@wellsphere.com.

Best,
Hua