Paris here I come

Sunday 4 January 2009

Healthy Thickshakes are possible

I just had to tell you about the latest discovery in healthy thickshakes! It may not be new to you but was a wonderful discovery to me. Actually my niece Hannah showed me.

If you get skim milk and whip it up (like in a milkshake maker) then it goes so thick and creamy. It doesn't work if you put a whole lot of other stuff into it. But if you use very fine chocolate powder (ie. drinking chocolate) it still holds it thickness. But doesn't work if you use Milo.

Hannah likes it with some vanilla essence and a teaspoon of sugar. I'm happy with nothing added. But try it, it's amazing!

Warning: It does double/triple in size so don't fill up the cup too full before beating! Half a cup of skim milk goes a long way.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds great Heth, would a blender work or is it the "whipping" action that is the secret????

Heather said...

Not sure Lisa about that! I suspect it has mostly to do with air and whipping that gets it thick whereas blenders don't tend to get as much air into the milk (I wouldn't think). But you could give it a try and let me know if it works!