Paris here I come

Monday 9 February 2009

This is more like it!

Joy and I both had a good weigh-in today despite partying this weekend. We both lost good amounts though I suspect the scales were a bit too kind to me, so I'll have to keep on their good side for the rest of the week, lol. I lost 800gm and now am back under 90kg again. I weighed in at 89.3kg which brings my total loss to date as being 30.9kg since April last year. It would be good to make it 35kg in a year by April 09.

Joy had her sister and mum here in Sydney and had a lovely social time with them, and I had our Waitangi Day party at our place and have been eating left overs ever since...yikes! But we both exercised this week which must have made up for the overeating done in the weekend. I went swimming again on Saturday - so I'm feeling more confident about going out in public with my swimmers on. That must be progress, even if it's in my head. I guess that's where the battle starts. And I did 10 lengths of a 50m pool, but have yet to swim it continuously. It's been too hot to get onto the bike lately, so the pool has been a lovely alternative.

I'm having trouble shifting my post-baby tummy, so will have to target that area I think. Not sure what exercises are effective in toning the lower abdominal area....does anyone have any ideas? I did some tummy crunches (if you can call them that), and could barely lift my shoulders off the bed towards my knees. I think crunches are designed more for the upper tummy area (is that right?) - well that's where I feel the muscles working. I am not known for my determination when it comes to exercise, so I'd love to hear what anyone is doing for exercise - go ahead, inspire me, lol.

xx

7 comments:

Katy said...

Well done on a fabulous loss, and the swimming. It's a really lovely time of year to get in the pool.

No idea on the tummy, still working on it myself!!!

Pinky said...

Woo hoo on the loss Heth - not 100% sure either but my guess would be crunches - controlling them when coming up and making aware of where you are crunching from, also maybe doing the krone bridge (on toes and elbows/forearms) holding tummy up off the ground for a while - Maybe even google lower tummy excercises and see what comes up
Good luck

Kimmy said...

Good work going under 90 again. A Waitangi day party?? Go the kiwis. Some people will use any excuse for a party. he he. No idea on the exercises.

blessedmomof3 said...

Congrats on your weight loss! Always nice to see the scales behaving! :-) I wish I could lose my post-baby tummy, which I have had since my daughter was born 2 1/2 years ago. Actually, I never really lost it since I had my first child 12 years ago.

Blessings,
Andrea

Seraphim sigh said...

I'll go swimming with you and I can show you some exercise for your tummy.

BTW, that was such a great party on friday. Looking forward to next year!
xx

Heather said...

Thx Mandy-Moo
xx

Lee-Anne said...

I've just come across your blog and think you've done an amazing job. Congrats.

You will get to goal.