Paris here I come

Sunday 1 February 2009

Back from the Land-of-the-long-white-cloud

We're back from NZ. We had a really great holiday and did a fair bit of tripping around the South Island - it really was beautiful. But the last week of our 3 week holiday was a bit disastrous for weight loss so it's good to be back to some form of routine. But hey, I was pretty good otherwise, so I'm not too bothered. However, I am looking forward to getting back into 'normal' life, being able to track on the computer, and being able to post on the WW community boards again.
I did manage to score some firsts while away.
My first time to the West Coast of NZ,
and my first time walking to the Rob Roy Glacier viewing spot (which was a 4 hour trek over rocks and uphill and down again).
I WI officially tomorrow but know that I've put on as I have been weighing-in unofficially and I'm back over the 90kg mark, sigh. But still have today to try and bring it down as much as I can.

So I'm feeling good about starting the year with a fresh start...bring on 09! I guess some of us start the year more slowly than others, lol.

Here are just a few pics of our NZ holiday - the scenery was spectacular! And Brent and I also had our wedding anniversary while away.

Franz Josef Glacier - with my friend Fi
Sarah and I going up a chair lift at Coronet Peak - near Queenstown
View from the summit of Coronet Peak
View from the car park at Coronet peak - Ben mesmerised

Brent and I celebrating our 19 years of marriage

4 comments:

Pinky said...

Woo hoo - welcome back - I am glad you enjoyed your time in NZ - we have missed you on the boards.

Lyn said...

Great to see you back. Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday. Great photos.

Kathiej said...

Look at you...such a difference
Your photos are great
I love the one of you and Brent
Well done on that many years

Kimmy said...

Congrats on your 19 years of marriage!!! Wow those shots look amazing - some gorgeous scenery down there. And yay for coming home and getting back into your routine!!