Paris here I come

Wednesday 3 June 2009

A sad 2 weeks

I just have some sad news to share with you...It's been a sad two weeks for me and my family with my dad suddenly passing away on the 19th of May from a heart attack . It's been really surreal actually and I think about him at random moments, but especially in the early early morning - too early, but then I can't get back to sleep...ah well, I know this will pass...but I do think back to the good memories and some not so good - like when he was in a car accident, and he ended up in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. I was just 6 years old at the time. He really was a most generous dad, and he loved our family. I'll miss him.

So, my family all went with me to NZ straight away for the funeral and to support my mum...pretty crazy, hectic time for us all. I suppose that's why I'm waking up early in the morning thinking about Dad. Cos I've been too busy to find the space to do it during the day.

I didn't totally pig out in NZ, but did resort to some comfort eating - but careful comfort eating. And not chocolate. I gained 200 gm in 2 weeks so I guess that's pretty good in the circumstances. On Monday I weighed 86kg - coming down a bit over the last few days. But have tried really hard to track this week. Shock, horror, only Wednesday and I'm nearly 20+ pts over already (that's in 3 days). So have to get busy with some exercise.

Got heaps of work to catch up with *huge sigh*, so to get my head down and tail up...

8 comments:

Katy said...

Oh Heather, I'm so very, very sorry for the loss of your father (HUG). What an incredibly difficult time, and to do so well with your comfort eating, you're amazing.

I hope your memories of him stay strong. xo

Mel. said...

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad.. ((((Hugs)))) it will take some time to get over it and try and look after yourself but also don't beat yourself up too much if you do slip. I was wondering where you had been as your normally on blogger at least once a week...

Anonymous said...

I am sorry to hear your news Heather :( Stay strong, my thoughts are with you and your family.

Lyn said...

So sorry to hear about your Dad Lots of happy memories of him I'm sure.

Well done on not succumbing to food during this very difficult time.

Take care of yourself.

Bek said...

Heather,

I wish there were some words that sufficed at times like these, but there really isn't. My thoughts are with you,
Take care and make sure you let yourself get carried away in all your happy memories when they come to you,

((hugs))

Natalie said...

Heather, I'm so sorry to hear your news. My dad died of a heart attack in NZ when I lived in London, so I know exactly where you are.

It's good that you are taking private time to think about him. Enjoy the memories.

((Hugs))
Natalie

LIsa said...

Heth
My thoughts are with you - remember the good times and you will feel that he is near.
Thinking of you
Lisa - aka Pinky1968

Kathiej said...

Oh Heather I am so very sorry for the loss of your Dad
I am amazed by your strength to get thru this with a little gain of .2
Keep your chin up Heather and massive hugs to you