Paris here I come

Monday 7 September 2009

Do you eat your emotions?

Yes, I do. I eat my emotions...I did that this week. It was a big week with 2 Father's Day brekkys that I had organised for the 2 schools I'm chaplain at. They went really well and were successful as far as building community within the schools, and the food was also fantastic. But I admit I was stressed about the catering quantites as the numbers kept going up (which was what we wanted). I was so focussed on getting it right for the brekkys that I neglected shopping for my own family and didn't have the 'right food' in my pantry and fridge for me to eat healthily. So, of course, I got right off track eating anything that was there. Plan for the week - go shopping!

I consider my 1.2kg gain getting off lightly...it could have been a lot worse.

But, we went shopping on Thursday night and bought our family a Nintendo Wii. The package came with a Wii Fit and board, so my goal for the week is to go onto Wii Fit 5 times and spend 30 minutes on the exercises which are quite tough for moi. The muscle strengthening exercises are particularly tough! Press-ups! Abdominals! My arm and tummy muscles are pathetic!

Thank God it's Monday and I have a fresh start....I love Mondays!

2 comments:

Kimmy said...

Yip I sure do. Eat em all up. Covered in chocolate. Yum. Such a silly thing to do. Yet I still do it. Oh well. Onwards and downwards. Are you enjoying your wii fit?

hannah said...

heather!!!!! im on the blogroll wheee!
hey, your doing real great! do you still hit the pool with the kiddies? i found the bagel girls on facebook and they tell me they saw you and you look good :)
fruit and veg yum yum yum, i remember our trips to the fruit store, funtimes, when one feels stressed one must go there haha.
love you lots and lots. miss you too