Paris here I come

Thursday 17 July 2008

What a big week!

We've had my SIL and her hubby staying for the week, which makes him my BIL. It was great to have them here and we went to Shoal Bay for a few days, and did some stuff around the city. We went for a trip on the Rivercat from Meadowbank to Circular Quay, looked around the Opera House, then walked down Pitt Street and George Street to Chinatown and had Yum Cha. Then went to Darling Harbour to catch the Rivercat back to Meadowbank. A big day!


There were crowds of people from all the nations here for the World Youth Day. The atmosphere was amazing with people singing, praying in the streets, waving banners and flags around, and having heaps of fun. Great to see and be in the midst of the buzz. Here's a photo of me, my DD Sarah, and SIL Megan from NZ - we're just going past the Town Hall, and I'm wearing a denim jacket that my friend Gail gave me. It's the first time I've worn a denim jacket in ages!



On Monday (wk 13) I actually lost 600gm, so that was good cos I thought it could have been a gain...this week has been difficult cos of all the extra eating out. But I've been on the treadmill to try and balance things out. Need to get more food...running out of the good stuff in the pantry and fridge!

2 comments:

Mrs Nesbit said...

Go Heather!!

You're looking hot!

;)

God bless.

Mel. said...

Congratulations on your weight loss and I'm glad you had a great time with your family.