Paris here I come

Tuesday 14 October 2008

I've been doing the WW journey for 6 months!

I've just realised that I've been following WW for 6 mths - 26wks! It doesn't feel like 6 months at all, but I'm so glad I started this journey with my friend Joy. She just happened to say she wanted to do WW - and I said *muttering under my breath* that I'd do it with her. So ever since that day, she's come around every Monday morning to weigh-in at my place and is my accountability. She's been a wonderful friend and support to me by just being there and encouraging me. So thank you so much Joy, you've saved my life...a bit dramatic, but I think it's actually true!

It's funny that in my head doing WW was such a hard journey to be on, but the truth is that WW is a hard journey to begin. Once I started it was actually really easy, and even though there are weeks that are difficult to stay on track and not to go off on a tangent, it's been a great journey. I have some other friends Lisa and David who kept telling me how easy it was - and I owe to them for simplifying the whole 'going on WW thing' for me...so thanks to them too! And of course, my very generous friend Gail is such a blessing - she has passed her clothes to me as she shrinks! I haven't bought a single item of clothing in 6 mths!

I've done WW before - lots of times, and this time is the easiest - don't really know why! But I buy all the WW items in the supermarket, and do stick to low-fat items when shopping. It used to take me ages to go shopping cos I'd read all the labels, but I'm quicker now that I know what I like and need. Also, I love the WW on-line site! The girls on the community message boards are amazing people and so supportive...we keep each other going, and they've become my friends.

I weighed in yesterday - and I lost 500gms. It was looking really dodgey the night before, but it just seemed to melt away overnight - weird body! But I don't mind my body being weird, lol. So I weighed in at 94.7kg and have lost a total of 25.5 kg. I can't wait to get to 30kg as that's the most I've lost doing WW previously (in 1992-1994).

I'm sure the whole loss journey is all in our heads.

2 comments:

Mel. said...

Congratulations on your loss this week and well done on your success so far.

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather, you've done so well because you've been so committed. Well done on making the right choices time after time!