Paris here I come

Saturday 10 May 2008

Yum Cha disaster avoided



Well, according to the scales (which I'm addicted to and jump onto about 20 times a day), I've lost 6.5kg since 14th april. So 6.5kg in 26 days. Not in the same league as the guys in Biggest Loser, but I might make my goal weight for the end of May at this rate. I want to lose 8 kg by the end of May. So far so good.

We were supposed to go to Yum Cha for a friend's birthday today - I absolutely love yum cha! But Ben has a soccer photo at the same time so I said I'd stay back for the photo and meet everyone later. So I got out of that potential pig out disaster. Mind you, I know I need to be able to go out and be able to make good choices...but I still have another birthday party to go to tonight.
.
.
.
Several hours later:
Well, ignore the above cos I went to yum cha after all! But did alright as we ordered 2 plates of greens and I tried to fill up mostly on that. I also stuck to the steamed vegetarian or seafood dumplings, but didn't eat as many as I would normally cos of the greens. Drank heaps of Chinese tea and diet coke so did OK with my points! No fried stuff and had 1 mouthful of Sarah's mango pudding. I conquered yum cha!

No comments: