Paris here I come

Friday 9 May 2008

Caught out on marinated vegetables




I was taking great pride in the fact that I'd had a good week, staying within my points easily each day. Then kapow!!! I go out to the Macquarie Centre to meet a friend for a coffee and ended up at Maccas.


I did alright there, just got a breaky snack (small soft tortilla with an egg and bacon) - not greasy...and a fruit bag (which had an apple in it). So not a blow out. After breakfast we chatted long enough for lunch to come around. We got a smoked salmon salad which was good...except it also had marinated vegetables too...which caught me out because I forgot what they were marinated in! Olive oil! Arrrrgghhh! (So 6 points later just for the oil)... I'm regretting each mouthful...maybe I should have mopped up the oil with a serviette or something...but I didn't think of that till now, maybe next time...or maybe I won't order marinated vegetables again!


And then it seems I'm hungry or peckish all afternoon...a black forest bar (1.5pts), pitos chips (2.5), carrot sticks and hummus (1.5)...all I've got left is 2.5 points for dinner. Boy does that marinated vegetable on my salad really bug me...But I did walk up to get Ben from school, that's earned me 1 pt back.


It's gonna be soup tonight.

No comments: