Paris here I come

Thursday 22 May 2008

I'm actually going for a walk by choice

I'm really going to go for a walk today (on purpose, not with my arm twisted behind my back). The kids aren't going to school today because of the teacher's strike so we'll take a picnic and go to Bi-Centennial Park at Homebush. My friend Tanya and I are aiming to take our kids right around the lake near the mangroves...it's quite a distance to walk but it's a lovely day in Sydney!



Probably a bit difficult to read, but we're going to go for a walk from the kid's playground right up the bike track nearly to where it says 'you are here'. The green area on the right side of the map. If you want to see it bigger you can click the map....
.
.
.
Hours later that same day...

Well we're back now, and it was a lovely walk even though we ended up walking a section on the road (because we went so far)! We walked past the mangroves and around the swampy lake and read the little boards with wildlife info. It took about an hour with several stops to look at the maps.


So here's a rare full length photo of me on the path around the bay without anything or anyone to hide behind.

No comments: