Paris here I come

Saturday 24 May 2008

Here's another first


First in exercise for about 5 years:

I went for a bike ride for the first time in years today.

My hubby Brent bought me a nice comfy-padded-made-for-women-bike-seat and put it on a bike I was given years ago. So we initiated it today. Boy did my bum still hurt! He's into mountain biking - the type that injures people. It was great to go on a family ride around the neighbourhood (the neighbours did notice)...only 2km, but had a slight gradient in places and I had to go down to bottom gear...thigh burn ouch.

A few clothing firsts:

I'm wearing a bra today that I bought years ago that was way too small for me, and now it fits although a little bit snug. And I'm wearing trousers that I haven't worn in years because they were too tight - and now they're not. I went out for dinner on Wednesday and wore an outfit that I liked but never wore because my bum stuck out too much (goodness knows why I even bought it), but now it fits me! I don't need to buy a whole new wardrobe, how good is that? Might go and try other too small things - it's quite motivating!

1 comment:

Mel. said...

Congratulations on all your first. They are fantastic achievements. Hope you have a good week.