Paris here I come

Wednesday 10 December 2008

Ah, found the wagon again...and a really fat photo to keep me on track


Look at that photo! It's a goodie eh? It makes me realise that one week of overeating is really quite insignificant and the overall journey is what matters.

That's right, I've found my wagon, in fact it never left me. I must have been looking in the wrong direction for it. All I needed to do was turn around! I think I spend too much of my time beating myself up and wallowing in my mistakes...but not as much as before. I've come too far to give up...that's the old me. The new me wants to get to my goal weight of 68kg.

But, the good news is that after my slip last week, I've been doing well this week. I faced the music yesterday and gained 1.2 kg, but already the scales are heading the right way again today. I know you're not supposed to weigh yourself every day, but I find it helps me stay on track. It's amazing that my body seems to respond so quickly to one day of staying on track. Is anyone else like that?


And here's a more recent photo of me...I think I look like a different person.

6 comments:

Jo said...

OMG - Heather you do look so different and it just goes to show you what someone's hard work and determination results in.... WELL DONE!!

Mel. said...

Heather of course you are a different person and you have come so far in this journey and changed so much.

It is really difficult to stick to the program during this time of year and you are also human and what you learn from a gain is all part of the journey.

I'm glad you have found your wagon again. Enjoy your week.

Anonymous said...

Hey there Heather - glad you have found your wagon and you are looking great!!!
I jump on the scales daily as well - helps keep me motivated - I try not to weigh the day before tho as I get disappointed if it is up from the day before.
Keep up the great work
Lisa

J said...

Congratulations on finding that wagon again! (perhaps it was just under the bed?)

I definately find that if I stumble a bit, one day of good eating & exercise is enough to put me back on track! It's amazing how quickly out bodies adapt!

x Jess

-S- said...

Yay for the wagon! I do like that metaphor - We steer our own wagon, and if we're not on it then there's no-one steering, no-one steering means no weight loss - and it might start going the wrong way! Eek!

Congratulations - you look amazing!

Kathiej said...

What an amazing change
You are doing fantastic
I am so glad you found the wagon.
Keep that photo where you can see it
Well done