Paris here I come

Monday 22 December 2008

Twas the week before Christmas...

Merry Christmas Everyone!

Boy, December is a tough month for watching what you eat isn't it? But if I wasn't doing WW I would've put on 2-3 kg by now already, and then more after Christmas. Every year before WW I'd put on 4-6 kg in summer. Sometimes I'd lose it, and sometimes I wouldn't. So that's how I got to 120 kg after having my kids. Anyway, I am so glad to be doing WW even though it's tough this month. So here's to a happy, safe and healthy (lol) Christmas to you all this year!

I weighed in today and lost 100 gm....but I do confess to finding the lightest clothes possible to make it better than it would have been. I'm only a few hundred grams off from losing 30kg, and 500 gms off from making my GWED of 90kg. And only 600 gms off from going under 90 kg! What a week to try and make all those goals!

I misjudged the parties and dinners out this week and didn't allow for them, and whammo, 30+ points over for the week! So I'm amazed I lost this week...well with a little help from my light clothes, lol. I know that it'll probably catch up with me next WI, so I'm going to have to do pre-damage control this week ... yeah, yeah, I realise I've got to get through Christmas day first and the rest...hmmmmmm. Now I'm worried. So I'd better get shopping for fruit and vegies so there's something healthy to eat in the house.

My niece and I made hummous in the weekend...actually she made it, and I just put the ingredients on the bench and supported her while watching her make it. It was pretty yummy and healthier than the store bought stuff. So I took it to a party we went to and I tried to eat mostly that instead of the pastry stuff. I think I could probably make it myself next time.

We did some fun things this weekend as it was our niece Hannah's 21st on Saturday. She'd already had a 21st party in NZ before she came to Sydney, but on her actual b'day she wanted to go to a beach and have gelato. So we decided to go to Manly...


Me and Ben


Walking to Shelly Beach

After the beach went to a party...at our good friends Jenny and Andrew's place...and here's a glimspe of the gelato cake we got Hannah.


Hannah and Sarah and the yummy gelato cake



3 comments:

Katy said...

Well done! 100g is enough to keep you motivated for another loss next week, even WITH Christmas! :)

Would love you to share your hommus recipe, I'd love to give it a go!

Mel. said...

Well done on the loss. This time of year is always hard to lose anything.

Lyn said...

Congrats on the loss. Good luck on making you 90k for GWED. You are so close. You can do this, Christmas or no Christmas.

All the best to you and yours for a very happy Christmas.