Paris here I come

Sunday 7 December 2008

Help...the wagon has left me behind!

Yes that's right....I've fallen off the wagon and it's left me behind this week!

I jumped onto the scales and I've gained 2 kgs, and I'm s'posed to weighing in on Monday....or is it Tuesday this week? Either way, nothing is going to save me from some sort of gain. Not even the 35 minute walk I took this morning....although I'm sure that will help it from continuing to climb to 3 kgs.

So what made me fall off the wagon? What pushed me over the edge?

Me of course! And 5 parties this week!

I think I've told myself that it's OK to let my hair down since it's Christmas. And I've taken it to the extreme. I didn't think I was totally pigging out, but my tracker tells me otherwise. I've gone over by 35+ points...and that's a lot. So now I'm really ticked off with myself and have scolded myself for being so undisciplined. But realistically, it's the overall journey that matters. And this is just 1 week of the journey. I've got to look at the big picture don't I?

It just goes to show what a mind battle weight loss is. I had let my hair down and continued to let it down (cos I'd already let it down one day)...so it had got so long that I was tripping over it. Maybe the hair got tangled up in the wagon wheels...ouch! Now I feel like Rapunzel.

The other thing I think I did was reward myself with food. I bought myself size 14 clothes this week (totally shocked me in a good way), and it had an adverse affect on me - I ate! Oh how subtle it all is. I'm still getting used to the new me, and don't feel totally comfortable with myself. Don't get me wrong - I do love being almost 30 kg smaller, but I'm not there in my head yet! Just a matter of time I guess.

But, thank God for new beginnings, we get a fresh chance every week on WW to get back on the wagon. I think the wagon is slowing down and is giving me a chance to get back on it. So back to the basics I go: Water, Tracking, Exercise. That's the seat belt that keeps me strapped into the wagon. All I've been doing this week is the tracking so 1 out of 3 is not that great. The other thing I've learned is to save up my points for the parties (which I didn't do). I need to be planning ahead for the week, not just one day at a time. Mind you, we don't often have 5 parties in one week do we?

On a positive note: I don't think there are any parties next week... *huge sigh of relief*!

2 comments:

Heather said...

The wagon has slowed down enough to let me back on this week. Getting over myself, lol.

Mel. said...

Heth, you now no what you can't do and you already no what you can do on the program. Counting points can be hard during this time of year but I no you will get back on track in no time...