Paris here I come

Wednesday 3 December 2008

Is there anything else besides weightloss?

Random Picture of a cow

I must say that the WW journey has been overall a great one for me this time. I've been on this journey several times before, and have lost every time - however, each time has been different and with varying degrees of success. Sometimes a few kilos, and sometimes 30 kg. The main difference is in my head...and support.

This is the first time I've tried the WW on-line thing, and I love it. I can just WI at home with my buddy Joy, and I've got to know some wonderful people on the WW boards. It's been so much easier to travel this journey with others who struggle with the same stuff as me, who can inspire me (especially to exercise), and are just there each day. I think it's better than a meeting! Not knocking meetings of course, but I always struggled with sitting through a meeting as sometimes they were just boring (depending on the lecturer).

So is there anything else besides weightloss? Sometimes it feels like some sort of obsession...but at least it's a healthy obsession, whereas before I didn't think about what I ate much at all. It was another form of obsession/denial, call it what you may, but it was probably going to kill me. So actually thinking about being healthy is a good thing - at times I wish I could have a whole massive bowl of chocolate mousse, but then 1 teaspoon of Brent's is almost as good. I'm not deprived, I still get to try things, and a taste is all I need these days.

Of course, there is more to life than losing weight...there's Brent and the kids, God, friends and family, fun in the sun/rain/snow, holidays in NZ (coming up soon)...and there's the house - how could I forget that other little obsession this year?

2 comments:

Mel. said...

Yes there is more to life than weight loss but whilst your on the journey it doesn't seem like there is.

Oh and thanks for the comment on my blog regarding London. The way your going you will be at goal in no time.. Better start saving now....

Kimmy said...

It sometimes feels like this journey is all there is to life, however I have found that when I put it on the back burner, it just doesn't work for me. I tend to put on those weeks, so need to focus on it and put myself first.

And it isn't all about losing weight, it's about getting healthier, and fitter and being good role models for our kids, and making some good friends.

Also you are doing so well. Almost an 80's girl!!!!