Paris here I come

Friday 23 April 2010

The keys to success

First of all! Happy birthday to my darling Brent! I've known him practically most of my life and have loved him since we were young at school. 45 today...and I was actually organised enough to get him a present, lol.

Here's a thought for today:
We all know about the keys to success don't we? As a WWer for many years off and on, we know that tracking, exercise and water are the main ingredients to weightloss. I know it works, it worked for me, it still works for me. If I don't track it's amazing what I've forgotten that I've eaten that day...and then it all snowballs from there - downhill and before you know it - whaaaattt, I've gained 15kg!

One other thing that leads to my failure is when there isn't the right food in the cupboards.

Shopping (which I don't enjoy doing) is definitely another key to losing weight for me. And I need to go shopping very soon. I need to have the low point snacks, the low point treats, the vegies (and heaps of them) etc...or I get bored really quickly. I probably need to get a few new recipes under my belt that are quick and easy (and low points) to keep the recipe repertoire interesting. Maybe I need to go and make something new and yummy - after all I DO have a shelf full of cookbooks that I just look at the pictures of.

So yesterday's effort:
Tracking - yes, and went over by 1 point.
Water - nah, forgot to take my water bottles with me to work so didn't drink as much as normal.
Exercise - yes, walked around the (large) field at Ben's soccer (just once - should have done it twice, but at least it's a start)

I've got a big day today. House work, visitor's coming to stay tonight for the weekend, get visitor's room ready, did I say house work?, shopping (ewww), tradesmen coming, exercise to do, go to a 30th birthday party tonight (we're going as Darth Maul and Luke Skywalker), and get kids sorted for tonight while we're at the party.

So goals for today:
1. Go shopping!
2. Track! (I tend to 'forget' to track after Thursdays, so Friday's a critical day in the world of tracking)
3. Drink 3 bottles of water!
4. Run/walk around our street OR
5. Go onto the Wii for 15 minutes (keeping it short)!
6. Be strong at the party tonight!
7. Oops, nearly forgot the housework, lol!

2 comments:

Gae (GaeChann) said...

Yes, our topic at the WW meeting this week was about "tracking". I was truly amazed that MOST PEOPLE don't track!

I've been attending this meeting for 40 weeks now and NOT ONE of the people I met when I first started still attends!

It seems to me that people start, try for a week or two then give up!

I'm sure you're ready to start tracking again! It really does mean the difference between losing or not!

Have a great weekend! Gae oxoxox

Mel. said...

Hope you had a good day Heth and what a great post.

My WW meeting is tomorrow and whilst I will show a gain, I can't wait for the actual meeting about tracking... Very important for me too...