Paris here I come

Saturday 2 June 2012

Healthy Pizzas?

It's my daughter Sarah's birthday coming up soon, and we weren't going to do a party this year, but I thought we could have a pizza party if she wanted. I went to Coles and bought the last 2 pizza cookers they had on the shelf - only $29 each!


I've been to a few parties where they've had the pizza cookers going en masse, and the school I work at also bought some. So not my original idea at all.

So, we had pizza last night for dinner.  I tried to buy low point ingredients.  Lite pizza bases, light tasty cheese, and lots of veggies and a variety of meats and smoked salmon.

A normal piece of pizza is worth 4-6 points and about 35+ points for a whole pizza! But I worked out if I went moderately on the cheese a whole pizza could come to 12-16 points. The main naughty factor is the cheese as the veggies are all free!  My favourite combo last night was smoked salmon, red onion, capers, pesto and feta!

No comments: