Paris here I come

Wednesday 20 June 2012

Ling Fish Cakes - 1 point each and yummy!

I made some yummy fish cakes in the style my mother would make.  She would pulverise the fish with the back of the Chinese chop/cleaver, but I did everything in the food processor - heaps faster and easier.

Tonight for dinner, I ate 4 fish cakes, and each one was only 1 point...so 4 fish cakes for 4 points! Yummy and very satisfying!



Here's the recipe:

Ingredients
  • 750gm ling fillets
  • 1 small onion
  • 6 eggs
  • 1 bunch fresh coriander or garlic chives

Method
  1. Roughly cut the onion into 8 pieces, and then place into the food processor. Pulse until small pieces.
  2. Cut ling fillets into chunks and process with the onion until fish is chopped finely but not completely smooth.
  3. Add to mixture, 6 eggs and coriander/garlic chives, and process together until mixed through. Coriander should be roughly chopped.
  4. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
  5. Heat frying pan to moderate heat and use spray oil to cook fish cakes (about pikelet sized)
Serve with rice and Asian greens. Drizzle fish cakes with soya sauce if desired.

I fish cake = 1 point

1 comment:

Claire said...

Hi Heather - thanks for this great recipe.
I am currently enjoy for lunch some slices of my tuna loaf:
about 300g drained canned tuna
3 eggs
80g bread crumbs
20cl of cream (light version)

optional: sundried tomatoes, olives, lemon rind, spices, herbs whatever

mix and bake in a loaf tin until golden. Serve cold.