Paris here I come

Friday 22 June 2012

Slow & Steady Wins The Race

When I was in the weight loss zone last time (in 2008-2009), I was losing quite quickly especially at the beginning. I lost 10kg in the first 7 weeks, boom! Whereas, this time the rate has been a bit slower, but still great. I need to keep reminding myself that it's Ok to be losing more slowly this time, to be patient, and to not compare with the previous journey!  I suspect that ProPoints is a better fitting program for me, and more sustainable in the long term.

When my dad died in 2009, I lost my motivation to keep losing and stopped trying with the same enthusiasm.  I had gone hard for a year, lost 35kg, and had run out of steam. Before long I found that I was gaining about 8-10kg a year.

But this time is different. I've learned a few lessons from my last journey and it's a good thing to live life to the full, lose weight, and enjoy the journey more. So slow and steady does win the race for me! Well, not too slow because Paris is calling! :)


4 comments:

Me said...

Thanks for stopping by Heather - I love hearing of new followers !!!
Well done on the amazing job that you have done with your weight loss - I have been on this journey more times than I care to remember so I know exactly what you are talking about. You are well on your way to your goal weight which is just fantastic !!!
Keep up the great job that you are doing !
Love, hugs and positive energy.
Me

Kathie said...

You are doing great....keep it up you can do this ...we can do this

Pinky said...

Hey there Heather , thanks for showing up at my cyber house - it was a lovely surprise - Good luck with your journey - I am in a rut at the moment and trying to sort it out but will keep an eye on you for sure!

Heather said...

It's great visiting you all in bloggerland! We can do this!