Paris here I come

Wednesday 2 May 2012

New goals, new photos, new inspiration! What works for me...


There are several things I did on my last
Weight Watchers journey in 2008
which made a difference to me and how well I did. 


1. Doing WW online worked for me because I had young kids, and hubby worked late, therefore, getting to meetings was a real challenge.

2. Going onto the WW community threads. I posted almost daily on  one of the Going Under threads and the lovely ladies there became my group meeting.  Except I had access to them every day.  I still go there, and they are a huge support.

3. Setting small achievable goals; monthly goals of 2kg gave me a feeling of success because I often lost more than 2kg a month to begin with.

4. Starting a blog. This blog also helped me a lot because it was fun and was a journal of how the journey was going. I was competitive enough (with myself) to do well and as I was posting my weekly weigh-ins, felt that I needed to achieve what I set out to achieve.

5. Having a weigh-in buddy.  My friend Joy was a joy to me.  She came once a week to weigh-in and she was whom I was accountable to.  I don't have a weigh-in buddy any more, but it's not too hard to jump on the scales...except I have a tendency to shift them about until I get a more favorable reading ; P

6. I should write something about exercise, but I was and am pretty terrible with exercise.  The only thing I really enjoy is walking, and at least it's free! I love that now it's autumn and cool enough to get out and about. I do have a good treadmill which is rather neglected, so I might just have to pay some attention to it.


I have posted new monthly goals,
and new family photos...
it all helps me feel motivated
as I can see clearly
how far I've fallen
and that I can do it
as I've done it before and succeeded.

My kids and hubby inspire me.
And so does the Paris backdrop - I'm going to get there!
Having a blog is really motivating,
 and reading other people's blogs is inspiring.
So I'm feeling all geared up and ready to go, maybe I'll pack my bags for Paris soon.


No comments: